OPSWAT MetaDefender Core protects your organization by preventing advanced cybersecurity threats on multiple data channels. MetaDefender Core leverages a number of technologies, including Deep Content Disarm and Reconstruction (Deep CDR), Multiscanning, File-Based Vulnerability Assessment, Data Loss Prevention and Threat Intelligence.
MetaDefender Core now supports RDBMS natively
We are excited to announce the release of MetaDefender Core v4.19.0, which enhances the speed, scalability and security of the data managed by MetaDefender Core.
This upgrade brings various benefits to our customers, including:
- Improved security and authentication by using PostgreSQL native support for encryption and user management
- Enhanced concurrency with full parallelism in client-side code
- Scalability: MetaDefender Core can accommodate any volume of scanning data. Due to the multi-row approach to data storage, it offers a flexible framework for high-demand deployments. Also, the processing performance is significantly enhanced (50%). See our tests page for details.
- Improved execution speed of data
- Network-based database support
- MetaDefender Core’s statistics performance
Additionally, administrators now can integrate MetaDefender Core with a PostgreSQL server located in a different device within the local area network (LAN).
How to migrate data from older versions of MetaDefender Core to the newest version
The database migration process is seamless and it eliminates the need to manually move data between services. A simple web-based database migration procedure within the MetaDefender Core v4.19.0 installation will help you quickly move all your data from SQLite to PostgreSQL.
There are two options for PostgreSQL integration as follows:
- If you don’t have PostgreSQL installed locally, by installing MetaDefender Core v4.19.0 and choosing “Create new local PostgreSQL server”, the database server will also be installed into your device. Your scanning data will be automatically transferred from the SQLite 3 server to PostgreSQL 12 server.
- If you already have a PostgreSQL server installed on your device and want to utilize it, choose “Use your existing PostgreSQL server” and provide your PostgreSQL address, port and credential. ”Test Connection” is mandatory.
Furthermore, we support upgrading the scanning data structures, which are used for older versions of MetaDefender Core, to the latest improved structure while assuring the data compatible.
And many more improvements and fixes
In addition to the database management enhancement, we also made several updates and improvements for advanced security, better user experience, and product performance, such as:
- New search mechanism in Processing History
In Processing History, you now can quickly search and filter your scan results. For example, you might want to identify recent scans, scans from a specific source, or scans that identified a specific result.
- Blacklisted file types within an archive can be accepted with the new configuration
MetaDefender Core v4.19.0 now supports allowing blacklisted file types if they are part of a complex file format like archive, document, etc. This enhancement was made to meet customer specific requirements to process whitelisted files combining blacklisted file types. For instance, you blacklisted a .exe file format as it’s executable, however, .exe files are sometimes embedded in archives, which you require to be processed. You can configure MetaDefender Core to allow the .exe file if they’re nested in the archives.
- Harden Nginx web server settings for security
In this release, we updated the default settings of Nginx to better secure MetaDefender Core from vulnerabilities while maintaining the performance of all supported functionalities. We also provide comprehensive Nginx hardening guidelines to users for the user-side settings.
- Native proxy management with authentication support
Administrators can now easily control proxy settings for the product and configure the authentication for the proxy on the MetaDefender Core management console.
Please view our release note for detailed information.
- Product: MetaDefender Core
- Release Date: 28 August 2020
- Release Notes: 4.19.0
- Download Link on OPSWAT Portal: Download