We are excited to announce the general availability of Device42 v16.05.00, which includes the following:
Password Policy and Strength Enhancements
Device42 administrators can now define user password policy requirements and expiration settings to increase password strength and improve security. Go to Tools > Admins & Permissions > Password Policy to set your password policy. Policy settings include:
- Minimum password length
- Minimum number of uppercase, numeric, and special characters
- Password expiration timing
- User account locking after a specified number of invalid login attempts
- User alerts for password expiration
The Tools > Admins & Permissions > Administrator page displays the current password and account status for each user. Administrators can expire a user’s password, exempt a user from password expiration, and unlock a user’s account.
Users are alerted prior to password expiration, or when they enter a valid password after their password has expired. Users locked out of their account see an alert when they try to login.
- The Linux discovery agent correctly retains previously-selected discovery options (for example, -skip-network, -skip-service-ports, -skip-serial, etc.) after Device42 software upgrade.
- Database discovery correctly returns database instance information for MSSQL databases.
- Webhook processing no longer times out if it cannot reach an endpoint.
- The QR code print tool with manual settings selected correctly generates URLs. Users can also select the text size for text rendered along with the QR code.
Latest Device42 update
Current customers, grab the latest update file @ https://www.device42.com/update/
If you haven’t tried Device42 yet, download a 30-day free trial!release